We’re pleased to announce that the Steering Committee has completed its three-month long endorsement process and that in last night’s special meeting, Lincoln County Indivisible voted to endorse the following candidates for office:
- Zak Ringelstein, Democrat, U.S. Senate
- Laura Fortman, Democrat, Senate 13
- Jason Putnam, Democrat, House 87
- Chloe Maxmin, Democrat, House 88
- Mick Devin (incumbent), Democrat, House 90
- Jeff Evangelos, Independent, House 91
We are excited about these candidates and what they stand for. Five of them are challengers, two are women, and two are under the age of 40. All of them have values that align with those of LCI, and all are working hard to get elected.
This announcement means different things to different people.
- To LCI, it means we are signaling our membership to pay attention to these races. Of course not everyone will agree with all of these decisions, and of course we can all vote any way we choose! We’re just letting you know that, after a significant vetting process (more on that in the FAQs), the Steering Committee has identified these candidates as meriting our attention, energy, and support.
- To the candidates, our endorsement means that they can use our name, values, and goodwill to boost their campaigns. We will put this news out to the media, and they may choose to do the same. And when these candidates call us to ask for help with door-knocking, phone calls, LTEs, postcards, and other kinds of support, their requests will go to the top of our list.
- To the public, our endorsement is a distillation of our values and a public commitment of tangible support to these candidates.
Check out the FAQs (frequently asked questions) about the endorsement process, and feel free to ask more questions here or bring them with you to the general meeting on June 12th.
Thank you to everyone who has been involved in this process, especially the candidates, and we look forward to moving on to the election!